“Clear and Present Danger”
“There are millions of Americans, almost all white, almost all Republicans, who somehow need to be deprogrammed and punished before the country should move on to reconciliation.” — Eugene Robinson, Washington Post Columnist and MSNBC Contributor
“There has to be consequences. And once you get those consequences, people have to take a second look at their actions, and they have to be afraid to do the types of violence that we saw last week.” — Nikole Hannah-Jones, New York Times Magazine
“Southern states are not red states, they are oppressed states. The only way our Country is going to heal is to liberate southern states.” — US Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-New York)
Perhaps there are those of you who recognize the title of this week’s missive from the Tom Clancy novel of like name. Of course, there was the film adaptation, with Harrison Ford playing the protagonist, Jack Ryan. The book, and movie, centered on the “clear and present danger” that drug cartels posed to the national security of these United States of America. I would kindly offer that when one considers the aforementioned quotes, we are looking at an even more grave clear and present danger to this Constitutional Republic.
It bears repeating, once again, the maxim of former Obama Chief-of-Staff and Chicago Mayor, Rahm Emanuel, “never let a good crisis go to waste.”
The progressive socialist left, known as the Democrat Party, has taken free license to use the condemned events of Wednesday, January 6, 2021, to openly discuss such abjectly disgusting concepts as deprogramming and re-educating American citizens. Needless to say, we have all heard of these ideals previously in history, from people such as Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Mao, the Kim family of North Korea, Pol Pot, Castro, Che Guevara, Hugo Chavez, and Nicolas Maduro. History has taught us — well those who are still studying history — words such as stalag, gulag, work camp, concentration camp, indoctrination camp, and re-education camp, with the latter currently being used against the Uighur Muslims in China.
We have, in the past week, heard use of the word ‘censorship’ more often, and the CEO of Twitter has informed us, the American people, that we can expect more of it. Censorship is just a nice PC way of saying fascism. As a matter of fact, Rep. Ocasio-Cortez, a member of the House Oversight Committee, also lamented this past week about the need for the government to “rein in the media.” Something tells me she is not talking about CNN or MSNBC, certainly not taxpayer funded, left-leaning PBS.
The left has fully adopted, and is implementing, the 13 Saul Alinsky Rules for Radicals, namely these:
4. “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.
8. “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.
10. “The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition.” It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.
11. “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.
It is imperative that we realize the progressive socialist left — these Marxists — do not subscribe to the premise of hypocrisy. They do not embrace any semblance of rules (save Alinsky’s radical ones), standards, or constraints. What they will do is encircle their enemy with their imposed rules, standards, and ideals of decency, all for their gain.
Take for instance, Democrat Congresswoman Cori Bush of Missouri, whose floor speech last week was laughable. Here is someone speaking to condemn the violence of January 6th when she actually led a violent march against two people. Yes, Cori Bush is a BLM activist who led the mob that called for the rape, murder, and burning of the home of Patty and Mark McCloskey of St. Louis. I know this for a fact since my wife Angela and I hosted the McCloskey’s for an event here in North Texas, and they stayed at our home for two evenings.
If we are to believe that there is some standard, or language, that the House Democrats are embracing as “incitement to violence,” heck, then why is Cori Bush a member of the US Congress? I demand that she be charged for her actions, which are on tape, and removed from Congress. After all, the Texas Democrats are accusing Texas Republican members of Congress of “inciting an insurrection” because they did not vote for the absurd impeachment charade…and they are fundraising off of that.
As well, Texas Democrats are demanding Senator Ted Cruz be disbarred because he objected to the elector slate from states where there were clearly unconstitutional issues of changing election law, and not by state legislators.
Funny, I have not heard a single Texas Democrat elected official address the violent history of Rep. Cori Bush, Rep. Maxine Waters, Rep. Ayanna Pressley, Sen. Kamala Harris, or Rep. Jerrold Nadler, who claimed Antifa was a myth. I have not heard a single Texas Democrat elected official condemn the violence over countless months that we have seen at the hands of Antifa and Black Lives Matter.
Let us not forget that it was four years ago at President Trump’s inauguration when violent leftist mobs took to the streets in Washington DC burning cars and destroying property, etc. Heck, I think they were rewarded with BLM Square in DC. The day after the inauguration, it was Madonna who stated, in Washington DC, that she dreamed of “blowing up the White House.” Would any Texas Democrat official like to condemn this?
This begs me to ask a very simple question. Knowing how delusional, vindictive, maniacal, and violent the left has been, in the face of Democrat silence: why would our own Texas Republican State House majority vote last week to allow Texas Democrats to hold Committee Chair positions? Please, spare me the offensive and condescending excuse of “Colonel West, you don’t understand our traditions and how things work.” If y’all recall, my Monday Message from November 9, 2020 addressed this issue.
See, Texas Democrat elected officials represent a clear and present danger to the Legislative Priorities of the Republican Party of Texas getting passed. Once again, elected Republicans come up with these rules, traditions, that mean nothing to the Texas Democrats. But, they use increasing and unceasing pressure to force weak Republicans to acquiesce to their demands. Does anyone believe that a Texas State House majority under Democrats, socialist leftists, would offer Committee Chair positions to Republicans? Hmm, how many Republicans are Committee Chairs in the California State Assembly?
The progressive socialist leftists know that they have two years to run amok before the midterm elections. They have not forgotten what happened to Barack Obama in 2010. They are going to seize this moment to inflict as much harm upon our nation and potentially make it impossible to ever be unseated from federal government power. Here is what must happen:
1. The Republican states, and states with Republican state legislative majorities, need to toughen up. They all need to put together 10th Amendment committees. We must have better coordination between red State AGs and State Legislatures to serve as a bulwark against the leftist ideological agenda. We need to start thinking about how to respond to a “packed” Supreme Court…which in my estimation would be illegitimate. Republican states must become “Liberty Sanctuaries.”
2. Republican State Legislatures need to examine the possibilities of divesting their state portfolios of Big Tech stocks who are advocating censorship of American citizens. This is already happening in Florida. Hmmm, why ain’t Texas leading on this? As well, it should be made clear that any tech companies in Texas embracing the idea of censorship of American citizens are not welcomed in the Lone Star State.
3. Republican State Legislatures must enact strong election integrity laws, meaning voter registration roll reviews, voter ID laws, and firmly disallowing universal mail-in ballots. Hey, Texas Democrats, that is not racist, and I am Black…Oops, forgot, Joe Biden said that I ain’t really Black. Remember, states and counties run elections, not the federal government. But, beware, Nancy Pelosi already has a House Bill ready that would nationalize elections.
Bottom line, Republicans need to “cowboy da hell up” and use Alinsky Rule #8 against the left.
In closing, I ask y’all to refrain from sending me emails and text messages about how scared you are, or that the country is lost. That is exactly what the left wants you to feel. The Spirit of Texas is not one of fear, it is one of resolute and principled defiance. Not acquiescence or appeasement to Democrats and giving them Committee Chair positions.
If there are moments when you are starting to feel a little despondent, I leave you with the mock-Latin motto of World War II US Army General “Vinegar Joe” Stillwell, “Illegitimi Non Carborundum!”
Steadfast and Loyal,
LTC Allen B. West (Ret.)
Republican Party of Texas
To receive Chairman West’s Monday Message directly in your mailbox each week, sign up here.